Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's the Final Countdown - Da da da daaaah...da da dat dat daaaaah.....

Yes...the countdown has begun...34 days until the wedding. Feeling a bit rushed, and things at home are getting tense, but I'm still super excited. Nick and I are in Dublin this weekend for my wedding shower...which was yesterday :). I had a great time with all the family and the gifts were really what I needed. I've got another wedding shower next weekend at our church - that will be fun, too :).

School is almost over as well...9 more days until freeeeeedoooooom!! Well, we're trying to have a mini-choral concert on Tuesday with an awards assembly. I have mixed emotions about that because the concert had to be moved so many times. The musical for the school went really well too :). I'm hoping we might have recruited some in the audience so we can do musicals with larger casts.

My throat is still sore from all the sinus drainage and along with that, my ear still aches. It's freezing here in Dublin, and the two dogs...yes, I said two, are in the back of the car because of controversy. I won't bring it up...but we have two dogs now - Link the puggle and a mutt that looks like a Jack Russell Terrier and Doberman mix :/ - she was starving and pawing at the church door and we took her home. You'd think we would learn after the flea infested cat...this dog whines like nobody's business. I don't even know if it's separation anxiety anymore...she just whines!

I'm taking a break from assembling the wedding invitations. Those have to get done tomorrow and out - it's getting too late to send them!! I finished the thank you cards with mom tonight...now we just have to get all that stuff back to an apartment that is halfway packed, halfway disaster area and down to the new house in Chattanooga. Thanks to Toy and Phil, we have a place rent free that we get to fix up. They're wonderful people and I am super excited about living in that house...I just dread the drive to work. About an hour is what will end up happening :( ... but you can't pass up free rent, you know?

Well, I guess I should get back to work. I want to sleep, but I need to get just a bit more done before I do...until next time!

No comments: